- Prioritize the historical hotels when staying in Prague. In this city the phrase «a room is just a room» is absolutely not valid.
- Want to meet the locals but still be a bit international? Try one of the student pubs in Prague. A typical Prague pub near the dormitory of the international students is the Restaurace Juve in Žižkov. You will not find much cheaper beer in Prague neither.
- If you like themed walks, there are plenty of those in Prague. Ask your hotel for good deals.
- Remember that the numbers attached to Czech beer do not refer to alcohol content but to a «degrees figure». This again represents the amount of malt being used in the brewing process, meaning a higher number usually means a fuller flavor.
- In for a quiet night with a good movie? Pamper yourself in comfortable chairs at the brilliant Gold Class cinema in Anděl, where bar service and snacks are available throughout the movie.
- Feeling like an Olympian? Try the bobsleigh track in Prosek outside Prague.
- Always remember to validate your transport ticket. There are many ticket controllers and they are not wearing uniforms, so you will not see them before they are standing before you.
- Try visiting Prague in the shoulder seasons (April, September, and October) and get good deals and at the same time avoiding the main crowds.
- Wondering what is on in Prague when visiting. Check out http://www.pragueeventscalendar.com/en-gb/.